Monday, September 27, 2010

Evening Watering

Poem by Amy Ashworth

The polished brown rock in my garden
Shines when drips from the watering can hit it.
The light fragments
In the water drops
Are the falling pieces of your mind-
One of which recognized
Your imminent departure
From memory's world-
One of which presented me
With this glowing, smooth gift.

Contributors Note: I'm taking Creative Writing with Gary Enns to challenge myself to work. I grew up in Ridgecrest and graduated in 1996 from PLNU with a degree in English Education. I'm currently living in Campbell and enjoying online courses.

1 comment:

Emily Angelina Sesma said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing! I love its imagery and that the meter of its wisdom seems to drop effortlessly as the water. I will happily remember this "watering". : )